In this post, I'll tell you how to manually set up dynamic remarketing. In other countries, the procedure for setting up this kind of advertising in google differs from Ukrainian because it is directly related to the google merchant center, which is not yet operational in Ukraine.
There are two options for setting up dynamic remarketing. The first is to place a «remarketing tag» directly from google adwords, another by refining the already existing google analytics code (if one is connected and configured on your site).
Version 1. When we do not have google analytics connected.
Before we start creating an ad company, we need to add «data feeds» *. ДTo add this file you must log in to the Company -> General Library -> Commercial data. Then click «Data» from the list to choose «Dynamic display ads» -> «User-selectable». In the field name name «data feed». At this stage, we can also download an example file with a description of the fields, it is not very clear so I will describe the correspondence of the fields, and also add an example of an already filled file.
- ID - a unique position identifier such as an article (this field must contain the numbers or letters of the Latin alphabet and must be unique to each item);
- ID2 - field is similar to the field «ID» used as an additional unique key; — optional
- Item title - the name of the product or service. Recommended maximum length is 25 characters;
- Destination URL - Url addresses of the product or service page. Address must start with HTTP:// or HTTPS://;
- Image URL — Url addresses of a photo of a product or service. Recommended image size: 300 pixels x 300 pixels;
- Item subtitle - subtitle, letters and numbers are recommended for a maximum length of 25 characters; — optional
- Item description - description of the letter and the number of the recommended maximum length of 25 characters; — optional
- Item category - category of goods, used to offer products similar to the revised; — optional
- Price - the price of the product is indicated in the format of 199 thousand UAH. As a delimiter, you should use a dot".";
- Sale price - discount price, this field has a format similar to the price, for example, 99,000 UAH; — optional
- Contextual keywords - contextual keywords, any sequence of letters and digits separated by «;» used to offer goods similar to the revised; — optional
Item address - this field is used for targeting so that the user sees the products that are closest to him; — optional
Types of supported files CSV, TSV, XLS, XLSX.
Then press «find file» and add our already prepared file in the appropriate format. Click «download and view» after upload, an info message will appear in which message how many items from the file are added and which errors. If you have done everything correctly, then all the positions will be added, and if there are errors then you will see the number of errors.
We click on «apply changes» if there are no errors or «view changes» to see which products (services) were added successfully and which errors.
With the help of the filter, we quickly select the ones with errors. The status column will indicate an error in which item is not processed. In our case, this is the «Required field: Destination URL.» fix bugs and download again.
Remember to process «fido» it takes 48-72 hours only after that the data about it will begin to appear.
Once we have prepared and added our file with product or service data, you need to create an advertising company. To do this you need to take the next steps.
1. Go to «Campaigns» -> «All Internet Companies» and create an advertising company. We choose «Display Network only — Remarketing» type. We assign the company name, for example, «Company 1 — Dynamic Remarketing».
2. The type you choose is «remarketing — Ads targeted to people who previously visited your site.»
3. In the Remarketing section, check the box next to «Using Dynamic Ads,» after we select it, there will be an additional «Activity Type» drop-down list, then select «Other (your own option)».
4. An additional «Feed» field will appear.
5. We set the daily budget.
6. Set up targeting, devices, languages, locations.
7. Set up ad scheduling and serving options.
Then clicking «Save and Continue» will redirect us to the page where you can set a default bid and choose remarketing lists, if any. Clicking «Save and Continue» again redirects us to the ad creation page on it using a non-complex designer, we provide all the necessary data and create ads.
* Data feed — a file containing information about products or services is presented on your site. In standard version, such file should have an XML format and should be added through the special service google «merchenat center».